Indie Newsroom is brought to you by a hypothetical Devil Wears Prada movie sequel, Anna Wintour’s Chanel addition and Tupac‘s holographic influence looming large.
- “Yeah…no, no, is there one? I’ve never heard about it. But, sure, I mean I’d have to lose the fucking weight, but I would do that, yeah.” Oscar-hoarder Meryl Streep on the possibility of doing a sequel to 2006′s Devil Wears Prada now that Lauren Weisberger has officially given up on an actual literary career. Also, way to keep it clean, Meryl. [ELLE]
- Super supermodel (the extra super’s a highly regarded merit of distinction) Iman broke her foot and had to drop out of Anna Wintour‘s “Runway to Win” event, causing Vogue‘s edtirix-in-chic to slap a “Chanel” on the programs and have super-in-training Chanel Iman sub in. [The Cut]
- After a hologram of the late Tupac Shakur caused a stir at Coachella, every other dead superstar wants in on the action. The estates of Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Elvis Presley are already planning their own holographic performances. Next step: holographic groupies. Their love may be virtual, but the STDs are real. [Rolling Stone]
- Speaking of the bastardization of rock icons, Katy Perry is being considered for the role of Freddie Mercury‘s girlfriend in an upcoming biopic, with Sasha Baron Cohen attached to play the Queen frontman. Well, if anything, Katy Perry should be able to register the emotional depth of a beard. [NYDN]
- Apple tried to launch a clothing line back in the late-80s before realizing that it would only appeal to people who wouldn’t know fashion if it double-clicked on their face. Today, however, it’s an ironic throwback just waiting to happen. [Daily Mail]