Indie Newsroom is brought to you by a Kate communing with the youth, a Katy corrupting the youth and a Lindsay enjoying what’s left of her youth.
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, stepped down from her theoretical throne to go camping with a group of eight- and nine-year olds, where she roughed it the only way royalty can — in $500 boots and a Burberry top. Hope those kids were taking notes. [Huff Po]
- Also showcasing her charitable efforts, Katy Perry turned up at the Much Music Awards with the Future Strippers of America. Eight “lucky” girls walked the red carpet dressed as mini-Katy Perrys in perhaps the most frightening — or at least completely inappropriate — sign of the forthcoming Apocalypse. [Buzzfeed]
- Lindsay Lohan, fresh off her Friday “exhaustion” scare, was seen partying it up the following night “post 1 am” in West Hollywood. But in her defense, she was still made up as Elizabeth Taylor and was therefore on the clock…and probably on a host of other things as well. [Page Six]
- Brits will have to seek solace in their scones since it seems like rumors of The Met‘s Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibit coming to England have been greatly exaggerated. [Vogue UK]
- The soon-to-be-relaunched Schiaparelli label has named a new chief executive office in Camilla Schiavone, previously brand manager of L’Or?al’s fragrance division. [WWD, sub req'd]
- This is Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs – which basically looks like Ashton Kutcher after having rolled through a Sears catalog. [Refinery29]