Indie Newsroom is brought to you by supermodel discord, unintended racism and completely intentional model sexual harassment.
- “We don’t see eye to eye, we argue and we don’t enjoy working with each other. Like I say, we are very privileged but what we do isn’t saving lives, it isn’t brain surgery. And I’m not going to get on with anyone who takes it for granted or thinks they’re someone special.” — Supermalemodel David Gandy on his “special” relationship with supermodel of the world, Gisele [The Cut]
- Get these shackles off my kicks so I can dance! Adidas is pulling Jeremy Scott‘s Roundhouse Mid “Handcuffs” sneakers after they raised a few racial eyebrows. Scott, for his part, was just trying to have a little nostalgic fun. [Styleite]
- Abercrombie & Fitch model Benjamine Bowers is suing the
pornographer retailer for $1 million after they sent him to a modeling agent who convinced him to masturbate naked for the camera so that he could take “more relaxed” photos, only for the agent to pull the oldest trick in the book and expose himself. Classic Fitch. [TMZ]
- Incredible shrinking woman Jennifer Hudson is coming out with a line of clothing for QVC that she intends to appeal to women of all sizes, marked by a one-hour premiere on September 10 during which she’ll casually drop her Oscar out of her purse…just as a reminder. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Though they may forever be bereft of “Savage Beauty,” Londoners can at least take sole-ace in their own record-breaking exhibition thanks to a Christian Louboutin retrospective at the Design Museum that has drawn in over 38,000 guests to date. [Telegraph]