As the countdown for the New Year begins, and the outfit planning gets chaotic, you could really use any beauty tips and ideas for this special day where everything is about a fresh start, new looks, and a new wardrobe. So, thanks to London born Kris Sorbie the Education Artistic Director at Redken 5th Ave,she has shared with FashionIndie? three speacial how-to’s for the perfect New Year’s Eve hair!
Great for naturally curly hair
1. ? ? Start with clean, dry hair in its naturally curly state. Divide it into 3 areas; the back and each side.
2. Take the back; hold it lightly as though making a ponytail without any tension so the curls remain intact. From the ends roll it up into an upward roll, pin into place through the middle of the roll.
3. Now take one side, drape it backwards and roll it up in the same way to meet the roll in the back and pin to secure.
4. Do the same on the opposite side.
5.? Finish with hairspray to hold.
A very ?€?in the moment look?€™ inspired by ?€?Breakfast at Tiffany?€™s?€™
If the hair is fine it can be crimped to add texture and volume.
1. Start with clean damp hair, apply Redken Guts 10 to the roots, then with your head upside down blast dry to create as much volume as possible at the top of the head.
2. When completely dry and still upside down make a ponytail and secure with an elastic band.
3. Now lift the head, tease the hair with a wide tooth comb to create an ?€?airy?€™ texture and add a little Redken Powder Grip 03 if your hair is very fine.
4.Form a round loose bun, pin into place and finish with hairspray to hold
A looped-under ponytail
An elegant look with an equestrian feel. A little teased volume and a few loose strands around the face add softness.
1. Start with clean hair. If your hair is damaged or frizzy in texture, use a smoothing styling cream balm like Redken Outshine 01. Apply to dampened hair, then blow-dry it straight.
2. Part the hair in the middle and pull it into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. If your hair is fine, you can tease it a little or puff in some Redken Powder Grip 03 for more volume at the crown then spray it with hairspray to hold it.
3. Loop the length of the ponytail under and secure with an elastic band keeping one small section free. Using the fingers, mold the shape of the looped ponytail into a neat triangular shape.
4. Wrap the loose section of hair around the base of the ponytail, covering the elastic. Pin it in place.
5.Smooth the entire surface with Redken All Soft Argan-6 Oil or to give a natural looking shine and finish with hairspray to hold.