Indie Newsroom is brought to you by a real Betty, the Obama’s inaugural date night and Carine’s magazine preview.
- Lanc?me is getting animated with a little help from the original bombshell, Betty Boop. She’ll be giving Daria Werbowy a run for her model dollars in a short film set to debut July 2 in conjunction with the launch of the beauty line’s new Hypn?se Star Mascara. [ELLE]
- The Barack and Michelle Obama meet-cute is predictably cute as all get out. The First Couple discuss their first date which included a trip to Chicago’s Art Institute, lunch in the courtyard and a lovely stroll, culminating with Spike Lee‘s Do the Right Thing. Nothing says romance like a trashcan thrown through a plate glass window protesting racial discrimination, am I right, kids? [Huff Po]
- Despite whatever roadblocks she may face, Carine Roitfeld is barreling ahead with her CR Fashion Book, including a preview of the new mag — “Issue 0″ — in V Magazine‘s upcoming “The Youthquake Issue,” out July 5. [The Cut]
- Gisele might have something to hide in her latest editorial for Vogue Brazil, namely a baby bump concealed by some strategic posing and
maybe probably some strategic Photoshop. [Fashionista via Made in Brazil]
- Daphne Guinness will auction off her couture tomorrow at Christie’s to benefit the Isabella Blow Foundation, but bidders won’t likely see hide nor two-toned hair of the heiress as she’s planning on “hiding upstairs” during the action. [FT]